"Onsen" Spa Mark - Dark Blue (33"W x 47"H(Deep))
This noren is Roketsu-zome (batik) dyed and the design is double-sided (double printed or dyed-through). You can enjoy the natural taste of small cracks created during dyeing process on the design surface (please confirm by enlarging the photos or see the Roketsu-zome sample photos(2.9MB PDF)). The design (mirror image) also appears on the backside. Handmade by Kanbayashi-san family running the noren studio since 1963. Read more about this studio.
Please read our suggestion and awareness in the pamphlet here (2.8MB PDF) and our blog here for enjoying noren at western and asian homes.
* For your reference, we have a photo book of Kyoto Street Noren (6.3MB PDF).
Noren Shopping Guidance
- 9,350 YEN
- "Onsen" Spa Mark - Dark Blue (33"W x 47"H(Deep))
Number of Stock: 1 in stock
|Product||Japanese curtain noren|
|Dimensions||84cm(W)X120cm(L)(33"W X 47"L)|
|Care||Dry cleaning only|
- Roketsu-zome is Japanese batik.
- There are irregular small cracks on the paint. These cracks are created during Roketsu-zome process of wax protection.
About the artisans
- Kanbayashi family specializes in Roketsu-zome and they have gained lots of popularity in Japan.
- The founder, Katsumi Kanbayashi, was born in 1940 and he started his own Noren art studio in 1963 in Kyoto, after learning various dyeing techniques.
- He holds a patent of coffee-dyeing technique.
***FOR YOUR INFORMATION***
Please note: In most cases, a ready-made noren is not resizable for your special dimensions unless otherwise stated, because the initial setting (the design, stencil, etc) is already prepared for the ready-made dimensions.
For general information on noren, please read our brochure here.
Should you have any question about this noren, please contact us from the form here.
For a Japanese or asian restaurant, Sushi-bar, etc, if you wish to print your company's logo on a noren, please send us your inquiry from the custom-noren order sheet here.
Disclaimer: These pictures are for your reference only. We cannot show 100% accurate looking, thickness, hardness and softness of the noren textile through pictures. Also, the texture is not always the same among the same material.
Optionally, a small curtain rail (extendable to 105 cm) separately selling HERE.
Please note that the pole pocket type (enclosed slot type or loop type) is NOT selectable. Please see the pocket type in the main photograph of this item. Thank you!